Terms and Conditions for the College Barn
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons less than eighteen years of age.
Payment and deposit
- Full upfront payment must be taken prior to arrival.
- The deposit of £250 is included in your booking fee.
- We accept payment by debit or credit card, PayPal and bank transfer.
- All cancellations must be notified via email.
- If you cancel your stay within seven days of making the booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us. After this period, if you cancel your booking we will retain the Initial deposit only and refund the balance of any other money you have paid to us.
- If you cancel your booking less than four weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we reserve the right to retain the Initial Deposit and the Rental cost.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
Other terms of hire
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 6 people + baby. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
Right of entry
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the property by 9:30am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Please note that if there is another booking on the day of departure, we will be at the cottage by 9am to empty the hot tub.
- If your arrival will be delayed, it will be helpful if you would let either Jonathan or Sally know for the arrangement of key collection.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- The use of anything with a naked flame is strictly forbidden, due to the thatched roof.
- Please refrain from using fireworks and lanterns due to the neighbouring livestock and thatched roof. Please do not leave the BBQ unattended at any time and turn off when not in use.
- Dog Rules:
-Only 1 dog is allowed at one time
-Please don’t let your dog onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
-Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. This includes insuring no dog muck is left in the surrounding outdoor area.
Care of the property:
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage depending on the severity of the damage.
- Do not move any furniture around; this includes taking indoor furniture outside.
- Lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Make sure you switch off lights, heating and any electrical appliances when you go out.
- Don’t take any of the towels we provide outside of the cottage.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- If any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or hot tub.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided for your reasonable use. You agree to reasonable and lawful usage of this service. We will not be liable for slow connections or for any interruptions to or the failure of this service.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
The hot tub is open from 10am to 10pm daily.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- You must adhere to the hot tub rules provided in the cottage.
- Personal belongings
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest. Your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk.
- We will make every attempt to return any belongings that are left behind. Although we reserve the right to charge you in advance for any reasonable postal or courier costs. We may dispose of any unclaimed property after six (6) months.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
Other helpful information such as emergency contact details, bin collection days etc. should be included in your guest information.